This page provides help with the most common questions about Acadēmīa. It will mostly link to the wikimedia.org website, as it already has very good documentation for creating the pages..
Set your account and preferences
At the top right you can set your preferences.
- Please confirm your email address to be notified by mail about important wiki news.
- Under the "Notifications" tab, you can set which messages should reach you by mail, and which should reach you via our notification system.
- To participate in active wiki work, please add Cūria, Cēnsūra, and Fabrica to your watch list. You do not need to add the other sections of the forum to your watch list, but you can.
- You can customize your user page with the template Template:User info.
- Please, configure your keyboard to use macrons. Depending on your operating system, there are several ways to do so.
Edit an article
Contributing is easy.
- Take existing entries as a model. If you press the "Edit"/"View Source" button there, you can look at the source code, copy it if necessary and adapt it to your needs.
- With the help of Wikimarkup you can print the text in bold or italics. You can select most of them in the editor with the click of a button. However, some commands are used so rarely that even administrators can look them up. Check out the MediaWiki page on this!
- Remember: All others will be saved. So don't be afraid to "mess up". Every mistake can be reset in the revision history.
Report a problem with an article
- If you spot a problem with an article, you can fix it directly, by clicking on the "Edit" link at the top of that page. See the "edit an article" section of this page for more information.
- If you don't feel ready to fix the article yourself, post a message on the article's talk page. This will bring the matter to the attention of others who work on that article. There is a "Talk" link at the beginning of every article page.
- If you get stuck, you can ask a question on the schola.
Create a new article or use media
- You can create an article by following a link in red or typing in the search bar an article that does not exist.
- Do not forget that the headings of the articles note upper and lower case!
- Remember, after creating an article, to also create the redirects to the article. How the redirects should look like, you can find in the guidelines. You can use existing articles as a model by clicking on "What links here" on the left and looking at the redirects.
- We use images that can be found on the search engine in the Wikimedia Commons. Most of them are copyright free and can be easily integrated. You can learn how to embed the images here.
- If you want to upload an image (e.g. your profile picture on your user page)
- Problems and Questions should be asked at Schola. Volunteers will respond as soon as they're able.